The frame now holds totes!
The arms are nearly functional as well, which we will finish up tomorrow. We also plan to build a rudimentary pulley system and pusher (to push the totes out) tomorrow.
Today we decided against a noodle shooter on the robot. We also decided that it may be best to explore a pneumatic option for the pusher, as it is much simpler with pneumatics as opposed to the mechanics of a motor-driven pusher (just in case the motor idea doesn't work as well as we'd like).
We will also be planning some days to meet up at the school before heading to the build site. This will be for testing on a large carpeted surface. We will let you know exact times and dates for when we reserve the LGI.
We need to keep things moving and look ahead at our future deadlines. We plan to build our second chassis this week (absolutely no mistakes this time). We will also want to have a fully working fridge, one that we would be able to compete and stack at least 3 totes with, by the end of this week. I'm aware that it may be a little too ambitious, and that it would be made of wood, but it would be fantastic to have something functional after 2 weeks. That way, we can spend the next 4 weeks improving it. :)
Comments are closed.
Welcome to the