We have also been speculating about having a second set of arms to be able to hold a stack of 5 in the arms at the same time. If we have time, we might try to do this.
From a more practical standpoint, we are halfway through build season and should start putting together the final robot (without flaws of course). We were planning on beginning assembly of the structure and spray painting this evening.
The chain system on the inside also works very well. We tested it, and it was able to stack the totes inside the robot relatively easily.
Mr. Tracy talked to a handful of people about the pneumatic system yesterday while another group worked on the loading arm. We found our unused compressor that we had purchased last year, so now we have one for the practice robot and one for the final robot.
Testing has also already begun. We hope to have the scoring platform done by this evening so we can start driving and practicing. We will be looking to go to the LGI after school for multiple days to test it out.